Today it’s time for James Howard Kunstler’s annual forecast for the newly minted year of 2021. One of the reasons I am following Jim’s blog so closely of late is that his views on the lead up and follow through of the US 2020 election are reasonably close to mine. I’m happy to see that he continues to follow that line.
I can’t possibly share this piece in full because there are pages and pages of it. Much of which I haven’t read myself yet. But I can show you the beginning and his block-point analysis. You can decide whether to read further on into the details at the original site for yourself.
CLUSTERFUCK NATION – BLOG, FORECAST || January 1, 2021
Forecast 2021 — Chinese Fire Drills with a side of French Fries (Jacobin-style) and Russian Dressing
For your reading pleasure Mondays and Fridays
Support this blog by visiting Jim’s Patreon Page
And thanks to all my Patrons for your support!
As I write, the presidential election is still not resolved, with dramatic events potentially unfolding in the first days of the New Year. I’m not convinced that Mr. Trump is in as weak a position as the news media has made him out to be in these post-election months of political fog and noise. The January 6 meet-up of the Senate and House to confirm the electoral college votes may yet propel matters into a constitutional Lost World of political monsterdom. The tension is building. This week’s public demonstration by one Jovan Hutton Pulitzer of the easy real-time hackability of Dominion Voting Systems sure threw the Georgia lawmakers for a loop, and that demo may send reverberations into next Wednesday’s DC showdown.
There may be some other eleventh-hour surprises coming from the Trump side of the playing field. As I averred Monday, we still haven’t heard anything from DNI Ratcliffe, and you can be sure he’s sitting on something, perhaps something explosive, say, evidence of CIA meddling in the election. There have been ominous hints of something screwy in Langley for weeks. The Defense Dept., under Secretary Miller, took over all the CIA’s field operational functions before Christmas — “No more black ops for you!” That was a big deal. There were rumors of CIA Director Gina Haspel being in some manner detained, deposed and…talking of dark deeds. She was, after all, the CIA’s London station-chief during the time that some of the worst RussiaGate shenanigans took place there involving the international men-of-mystery, Stefan Halper, Josepf Mifsud, and Christopher Steele. Mr. Ratcliffe seemed to be fighting with the CIA in the weeks following the election over their slow-walking documents he had demanded.
What else does Mr. Trump know about this rumored inter-agency feud? Or a number of other fraught matters surrounding the election, and also questions concerning the harassment he suffered from the four-year rolling coup run by his Deep State antagonists (many of them CIA). What does he know of China’s infiltration into our national affairs, of which the Biden Family’s business deals with CCP-connected companies is only one piece? Or of China’s relationship with Dominion systems — China is rumored to have acquired a 75-percent interest in the company as recently as October.
In any case, the president cut short his holiday break in Florida before New Years Eve to fly back to Washington. The company line is that he wants to exhaust all the prescribed legal procedures to contest the November 3 vote tally. And if none of it avails to correct the outcome, he might move on to… something else. If even the so-far publicly revealed evidence of the Biden family’s influence-peddling schemes overseas is true — and the emails and corporate memoranda from Hunter’s laptop seem genuine — then it would be Mr. Trump’s duty to prevent Joe Biden from becoming president. And outside the constitutionally-mandated process in the national legislature, that would leave him some sort of other emergency executive action.
Mr. Trump has called for a gigantic assembly of his supporters on January 6 in Washington. He didn’t call them there to watch him get humiliated. Something is up. You can feel it in the air. I’ll give it a fair chance that Donald Trump is the one with his hand on the bible come January 20. One caveat to all that: 2021 is going to be very rough sledding, with many discomforts, traumas, and things left behind for America. Whoever occupies the Oval Office is going to be buried in trouble. In theory, I would have preferred to see a Democrat left holding that awful bag, if only as payback for all their bad faith and dirty fighting of the past four years. But Mr. Trump is apparently willing to shoulder that burden, and, in such an existential emergency, he’s likely to be a better leader than the corrupt and feckless Ol’ White Joe.
Okay, I’m going to just come right out and splatter a bunch of individual forecast predictions up-front in this lead chapter, and if you’re interested, you can continue on to the finer points and arguments below. I’m grateful for all of you interested readers coming here twice a week, and for those of you who keep this outfit afloat with your Patreon support. A healthy, sane, purposeful, and upright 2021 to you!
A Bill of Particulars for 2021
- The election is re-adjudicated, fraud subtracted from the tally, and President Trump is declared the winner.
- The mail-in vote for the Georgia Senate seat runoff is disqualified as systematic fraud is revealed. Stacy Abrams is indicted for organizing the fraud.
- A number of political celebrities, DC swamp rats, K-Street hustlers, media figures, and tech company executives are arrested and charged with serious crimes around election fraud.
- The CIA is purged and reduced to a strictly analytical role for advising the executive.
- The FBI is likewise purged; Director Wray is charged with obstruction of Justice.
- Following the reversal of the news media’s election narrative (and the actual election results), Black Lives Matter and Antifa are loosed upon a number of cities and wreak considerable destruction, but eventually get their asses kicked by federal troops. City mayors who allowed the havoc to proceed are arrested, charged with abetting insurrection, and removed from office pending trial.
- Nancy Pelosi replaced as Speaker of the House. Mitch McConnell replaced as Majority Leader.
- US Attorney John Durham brings charges against lawyers involved in the Mueller Investigation, including Andrew Weissmann, Aaron Zebly, Brandon Van Grack and Jeanie Rhee. Mr. Mueller is named as an unindicted co-conspirator due to mental incompetence.
- A special Prosecutor is named to investigate the Biden family business operations; indictments follow late 2021.
- Stock market enters long, deep asset value deflation through first and second quarters and bottom-bounces the rest of the year. S & P falls to 550 range; DJI under 10,000; Nasdaq under 3000.
- The dollar DXY index falls under 80 by 2nd quarter, 60 at year end.
- US GDP down by 40-percent year end 2021.
- US oil production (minus natural gas liquids) down by 40-percent, year-end 2021.
- Banking system thrown into disarray due to non-payment of rents and mortgages. Federal government intervenes with direct renter relief payments. Home owners in default are allowed to remain in their houses on provisional basis (which is never reconciled).
- Bubonic plague outbreak among homeless of Los Angeles as rats proliferate in their encampments.
- Pension funds collapse as broken chain of rent-and-mortgage payments destroy Real Estate Investment Trusts.
- Federal government forced to organize massive food giveaway programs.
- Millions enrolled in make-work projects a la the New Deal (some of them of value).
- New York City forced to curtail subway service to bare minimum as money runs out.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom recalled out of office.
- George Soros and several directors of Soros-funded NGOs charged with racketeering and election campaign finance crimes.
- General Motors, Chrysler, and Ford are back seeking bankruptcy protection. This time, their assets are sold and reorganized into smaller companies. No bailouts.
- Covid virus fades from the scene by 3rd quarter, but economic carnage remains. Huge amount of restaurant equipment sold for dimes on the dollar.
- Bitcoin “Hodlers” becoming Bitcoin “Sodlers” as cryptos tank.
- “Woke” hysteria evaporates as Americans struggle with desperate reality-based problems of everyday life.
- Collapse of higher education begins in earnest as college loan racket implodes. Scores of colleges and even some universities shutter; others shrink drastically in desperate effort to carry on.
- Hollywood celebrities apologize en masse for past “Woke” behavior, beg forgiveness from cancel victims and fans. Nevertheless, collapse of the movie industry continues as, post-Covid, Americans desperately seek the company of other people instead of canned entertainments, which they have grown sick of.
- Professional sports collapse as business model fails. Impoverished Americans start-up low-cost, local baseball and football leagues.
- Twitter and Facebook become public utilities.
Leave a Reply